Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reason for this blog

Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23.

This has been my theme verse for the last 10 years. I had a major setback in my life. During that time, I learned how to moan and cry to the Lord. I experienced what it means to recognize my emotions and recover from sadness. I recognized the touch of the Lord on my life. Time does soften the emotions but only when I released the anger to the Lord that I can lift my head, forgive, and move on. God put that verse in my heart at the beginning of the trial. It is so easy to hate those people and take revenge. But that verse has been set in my mind and my heart. I chose to obey, and guarded my heart against all my own plans - whether right or wrong. I made space and time for myself to converse intimately with God, confess my selfishness, and continue on in life.

Ten years down the road, I have matured and learned that God wants us to have an abundant life. He wants us to have a fulfilling life. He wants us to live a life that in on earth but yet focusing heavenward. He wants us to live a life that is joyful. A life that is joyful do come with trials and tribulations. It is how we handle trials and tribulations that makes our life worth living.

This blog is to help others live a life that is fulfilling. The funny pictures is to bring a little smile to your lips. The craft projects are to inspire you to make something nice for yourself or for a friend. The new things I do each week are to encourage you to spice up your life. The practical life ideas is to make life a little easier for those who need it. The travel is to give you ideas on where to go to. The spiritual insights are to bring you closer to God.

My prayer is that God will use this blog to touch someone in a very special way.